Quality of Life Updates (Pt. 1) Apr 29, 2016 15:04:02 GMT -8
Post by Deleted on Apr 29, 2016 15:04:02 GMT -8
Good day, folks!
No major changes to the stats system, so rest easy. Instead, the next few updates are aimed at improving the flow of things. From Versioning Up faster to NPC Battles and even new chips, this update ties up some old loose ends -- things that were intended to happen in the past but never came to.
It's been long agreed that versioning up just takes way too long. Additionally, Stat Battles become meaningless as you rise in rank. These two topics are addressed in this update, and in the next I plan to look at another side of the spectrum: definitive ways to obtain Hidden Elements, Leader Type, Gigas and the like.
- Exp Required to reach v20 has been reduced from 19900 to 9900
- Exp and Zenny gained from Stat Battles greatly increased, starting at 40 (Loss) and 60 (Win) and scaling up based on the Version of your opponent (up to 100 when losing against a V20 and 120 when beating one)
- Formerly, it took roughly 398 Wins or 995 Losses (against an equal versioned opponent) to reach v20. With these changes, it now only takes 100 Wins or 125 Losses to an equal versioned opponent
- There's also room to scale above v20 in the future
- These changes require you to reset your Exp to the minimum required for your Version. If you were keeping track of the Exp needed to reach your next version, reset to that amount instead.
IE: Nymphra is V1, meaning her Exp would reset to 500 Exp. If I kept track of her version and knew that she was 50 Exp away from reaching V2, I'd reset her Exp to 750 instead (that is: 50 away from reaching the new V2 Requirement)
BATTLE CHIP UPDATES
Dark Chips will be looked at next update to fix their "falling off" later on. For now, regular Battle Chips are (and have been for a while) lacking in their purpose. Like in the games, these will actually be worth selecting over your regular attacks in the right circumstances and, yes, even defensive chips are available now. Although the library is expanded, many chips will still be reserved for GMD/BMD only instead of being added to the shop.
- Cannon and Sword effects updated. The old effects were a tad too situational to be useful. Cannon now deals massively increased damage if no other attack was used that turn and Sword can be used multiple times on the turn it was slotted in.
- Standard Library greatly expanded -- roughly 20 chips being added in. Additionally, the avoidance series (Invis, Shield, etc) were moved from Mega class down to Standard class.
- A large portion of chips have skill-esque effects. These require the user to sacrifice 1 Use from any of their active skills in order to activate the chip (resulting in a net loss of resource, but in exchange for viable utility)
- The Chip Shop has been updated with some of the new Standard Chips, but a good portion of them still remain in GMDs
- Three new Mega class chips added, but can only be acquired with a BMD
- Two Giga class chips added: Bug Rise Sword and Bug Death Thunder. Acquisition of these is described further below.
Since HMDs are too rare (and rightfully so) and Accessories make so much of a difference, an old method of acquiring weaker versions of them returns. This is beta, so only a handful for now.
- Re-opening the old Accessory Shop where Gem Shards are sold, offering a portion of their equivalent cross' power (ie: Ruby Cross gives +60 Damage, while Ruby Shard gives +20 Damage)
- Glass Accessories are sold here as well. I also took the opportunity to give these a purpose: equipping a Glass Accessory and a Gem Shard together will buff the shard
- Unlike regular Accessories, you can equip the same Shard twice if desired
A beta system is being released for automated NPC battles. This system will work similar to the old gym in that the player will operate both their navi and their opponents. The system will have two modes: "Virus Hoard" and "Boss Battles".
- Virus Horde: The player randomizes their own virus team using dice. The number of viruses, as well as their strength, scales up with difficulty from 1 to 10. Virus stats are slightly altered to compliment the automated operation. This mode is gauntlet-style, so your stats do not refresh after each wave. You'll earn a GMD or BMD after defeating a certain number of waves.
- You can only battle up to three waves of Viruses per week, but completing Regular Battles will increase this limit for that week.
- Boss Battles: The player will battle a powerful, automated NPC. If they manage to defeat it alone, they'll earn powerful items not available by other means. Bosses can only be fought once per month, but vouchers can be rewarded to increase this amount.
- Right now, the only Boss available to fight is Bug Riser, who grants one of two Giga Chips to players that are able to defeat it: Bug Rise Sword or Bug Death Thunder
- Navis do not have to battle NPCs alone; they can fight in groups. In this case, any of the players are allowed to operate the automated enemy and rewards are slightly reduced for the group.
QUEST AND MISSIONS UPDATES
I had planned to add an additional Quest during this update, but it felt like too much considering everything else going on. Expect a fair number of Quests and Missions to appear next update.
- Crest Upgrade quest is being changed a bit -- 5 RP Battles take a while to complete, so it's getting knocked down to 3
Minor changes to make Stat approvals a bit easier, as always.
- Max Cooldown is being removed. It served its purpose at gating certain abuses of power, but isn't quite necessary anymore. At the moment, it's just an extra thing for the Approver (and member) to keep track of
- Custom Stages and Custom Elements are going to be retired for a while. It's a little too much to worry about among other things
And that's all in today's update, folks. Feel free to give feed back and while you're at it, have a free Green Mystery Data (for each of your Navis) for reading through the patch notes. Access it in the new (official) Mystery Data Access Thread
Green Mystery Data
A common mystery data found on the net. May contain any number of items.
To use, simply type <Access GMD> in a role-play or battle post. A staff member will randomize and grant you one item.
Preview for Next Update
° Shotgun and Shockwave Battle Chips will likely see an update (similar to how Cannon and Sword were updated this patch)
° A few more Battle Chips will be added to the Library (which would you like to see?)
° The Dark Chips will get some attention (they'll be less oppressive early on, but will scale better as you version up)
° The Program Shop will get a touch up (weak programs being buffed, the myriad of Undershirts likely to be reduced to only a handful, and other small changes)
° More Quests available (one of these possibly being a Net Race, and others based on Virus Busting)
° One or two Boss Battles added (Their difficulty will be based on the responses Bug Riser gets. If Bug Riser was too strong/complex, then future bosses will be weaker/simpler and vice versa.)