Mini-QoL Update Jul 31, 2016 23:00:15 GMT -8
Post by Deleted on Jul 31, 2016 23:00:15 GMT -8
Today's update has been held off for months now due to the surge of site activity, a decline in my own availability, and the complications of some of the things that are still under construction. In the end, this turns out to be a "Mini-Update" at best, which puts it slightly above a Hot Fix.
Nothing more than a few new toys on existing features being added, as well as a recording a few things that have already been put into effect, but not formally listed anywhere yet.
BOSS BATTLE UPDATES
A new boss has been added, as well as a "Boss Team" that is specifically built to be challenged by a team of opponents. More Bosses and Teams are in development, but they'll be added later so that this update doesn't have to be delayed any longer.
- CircusMan added to the Boss Arena
- Command Mission Team added to the Boss Arena
BATTLE CHIP UPDATES
A batch of new Battle Chips has been added, including 18 new Standard Chips and 5 new Mega Chips most of which are only acquirable via Mystery Data. Three new Giga Chips are complete, but their method of acquisition is still pending. They'll be available before long. Several more Mega Chips and Standard Chips are in the same boat as these.
- Mine was buffed. Reply to this topic if you own the chip and need the updated effects
- BoyBomb, Bunny, Canguard, Canodumb, Custom Sword, Drain, Hammer, Megalian, Mettaur, Panic, Ratty, Restore, Sensor, Spikey, Swordy, Tromby, Trumpy, and Tuby were all added to the Standard Chip Library
- Guardian, Jealousy, Northwind, Poltergeist, and Prism were all added to the Mega Chip Library
- Green MD and Blue MD charts updated
New Quest will soon be added that rewards you for defeating a specific virus a certain number of times. With this comes the introduction of Virus Chips, whose functions are explained in the Quest's Thread. A similar quest rewarding Boss completions will be implemented as well, later on. The new quest will not be up until sometime later tomorrow.
Some of these have already been implemented, but not recorded. Others are being implemented along with the rest of the changes listed above.
- Virus Horde Exp Rewards were reduced earlier this month
- Mega Horde rewards increased by +5 Exp and +50 Zenny per wave
- Chip Traders were implemented earlier this month in the Quests Board
- Avoidances from non-Custom sources (Programs, Chips, etc) now count as "Natural Avoidances"
ON THE HORIZON
- Basic Guide -- This project was what slowed down the current update tremendously and is still unfinished. It may not come next patch, but it is coming.
- Factions -- This project is close to being done, but will be put on hold until the Juno Arc is finished so that it can be a little more fine-tuned among the other changes that are supposed to be coming.
- Balance Update -- Attack Effects are still under the knife, and that, too, caused delays in this update. Some Element effects may change to be more practical and perhaps changes to Karma later on in the future. The primary goal is to get Attack Effects settled out so that there are less gray areas when making them.
- Horde and Boss Expansion -- More of these coming soon, more quests related to them, and more similar features that reward you for playing and that don't involve moderator involvement. They may see an adjustment to their reward formulas so that fighting as a group is actually more rewarding than fighting alone. While it's true, being able to do something single-handedly that would normally require a team to do does imply better rewards, the intention of these modes is to promote interaction with others, so going it alone (even when fighting with a team of your own navis) likely won't be favored in these cases anymore.